Saturday, November 17, 2018

Collins Barracks

I had been hoping for dry weather on Sunday, but unfortunately, after a glorious morning, the rain arrived in the afternoon. So my ambitions to sketch the beautiful inner courtyard of Collins Barracks had to be put on hold! Given that Sunday was the 100th anniversary of World War I Armistice, I decided to sketch in the military section of the museum. I found a good little corner out of the way from the visitors with a good view of a plane hanging from the ceiling.


A lot of the exhibits are in fairly narrow spaces, so there are not that many places you can settle yourself and sketch, as I found when I moved to another room and tried to sketch a set of rifles pointing an an instructions video - I had difficulty getting an unobstructed view, and yet I couldn't sketch the people themselves, as the exhibit wasn't that interesting for visitors to hang around for too long. So it's got a bit of an unfinished look.




So, when I was finished with those two sketches, I caught up with a friend and went to the coffee shop with her, where I could take out my watercolours and play for a bit. I resisted the temptation of cakes and just had a hot chocolate (probably as many calories as cake, but because it's liquid, it doesn't count!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment