Friday, August 24, 2018

Trinity College - Firmo sketchbook

When in Porto, I got a Firmo Diário Gráfico, a nice medium-sized sketchbook. With it came a competition - if you were the first person to do a sketch in your city, you could become an ambassador for the brand. Me, I can't resist a competition! So I posted my sketches from the Olivier Cornet Gallery on Facebook and Instagram. A couple of days ago, I heard back from Firmo, telling me I was the new brand ambassadress for Dublin!! So excited. 

They asked me if I could send them a sketch from Dublin that they could use with the announcement. So I headed into town on Saturday morning to set to work. Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind!! I tried to apply what I learned at Liz Steel's workshop in Porto - some of my windows are wobbly, but I did work structurally!
When I got home, I added a bit of colour. I think I prefer the version before colour. Thankfully I had taken a photo before picking up my paintbrush! I've sent them both versions - let them decide!

The announcement is due to take place on 24th of August, to coincide with Artists' Day in Portugal.



1 comment: