Friday, August 03, 2018

Trinity College Science Gallery


I wasn't very inspired for sketching at the Science Gallery - but thankfully the coffee-shop was quiet and I was able to stay there for a good while without staff moving me on. Well, let's face it, the girl behind the counter was reluctant enough to serve me (and others no doubt), so I had a feeling she wouldn't be into clearing tables either! I had a good view of Pearse Street and lots of detail to keep me amused.
I'm in a phase where I'm trying new things - they don't always work out. My usual problem - no focal point, so everything is important and nothing stands out - wasn't solved by sketching in red pencil first, obviously.

Here is what I should have done, using colour for the centre of interest and fade to just tonal values for the rest (what will I do when I have to change computer and I can't install Picasa on it because Picasa doesn't exist anymore?):


No comments:

Post a Comment