Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Life Drawing - 1, 5 and 10 minutes

I have a tendency to jump right into things, so after one class only at Block T, I went to the untaught session. Yes, my work wasn't of the same high standard as some of the others. But still, I got completely immersed, with little panic attacks here and there, and, most importantly, I survived it. The model even took photos of my watercolour work, which I was thrilled about. If she was happy with how I represented her body, that was good enough for me, then!
The 1-minute drawings were fine. But 5- and 10-minutes were so hard. I felt I should have more time to measure and correct, but it always seemed to be a mad rush! Clearly spending too much time on the initial impression, and not allowing myself enough time to get things right. You will see in the 5-and-10-mins drawings that I had to correct the size of the head - it's because the method I've learned is to take a measurement of the head and then see how many heads fit the whole way down to the toes. I always find that the body is too long compared to the head. Rather than redrawing the whole body, I redraw the head. Makes sense to me, anyway!

The photos are in reverse order.










No comments:

Post a Comment