Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Life Drawing - Watercolour

The teacher thought I was mad to attempt watercolour. But you know me, I have nothing to prove, and no fear of failure!

I forgot to write how long these poses were - 10-15 minutes each. And I swapped to my sketchbook between the first and the second, as I had to wait for paint to dry before tearing the page from the block. I think the second one was 10 minutes twice, with a break in between, hence the more finished look of it, plus I actually did a drawing to start with! The first one is direct watercolour - I should have painted little guideline dots for the feet and the head, so as not to run out of space!! That's one thing to remember. And also to bring cold-pressed paper rather than rough - too much texture made it extra hard to capture the figure.




I added a background to my favourite one when I got home (well, the following evening).

Before finishing the session, the model put on a diaphanous dress - I did this one in my sketchbook.

Have a look at everybody's work on the Dublin Drawing page!

No comments:

Post a Comment