Monday, August 13, 2018

Life Drawing at Block T

If you'd told me a year ago that I would be doing life drawing, I would have said 'no way, I can't even fit someone's legs on a page when I try to draw a person'. Well, now I say 'yes way'! Clearly, I have a lot to learn. But that's what classes, and lots of practise, are for!
I have started going to Block T, with Dublin Drawing. It's a little bit of a trek - green line Luas to O'Connell Street, change at Abbey Street to the red line and then onto the Fatima stop. And the last time, I had to elbow myself onto the red line Luas, it was so busy, so I dread to think what it will be like in September.
But well worth it - the space is good, it's the same teacher I had when I did the classes earlier in the summer - Tadhg McGrath - I like his method and his sense of humour. And the models are so professional.  Here are some of my work, from 2 minutes to 1 hour. For me, the longer poses are actually the hardest, as I tend to be quick and inaccurate. So, spending time trying to catch every curve, every volume and every angle is hard for me!






No comments:

Post a Comment