Thursday, August 09, 2018

Olivier Cornet Gallery

First outing with Dublin Sketchers since coming back from Porto. I probably spent more time chatting than sketching. But I did try to capture some people-focused vignettes. In the first one, yes I got distracted by all the details and added the people as an after-thought. But for the second one, I drew the person first, then added hints of the place.
There is a wonderful exhibition currently on at the Olivier Cornet Gallery, called Chiens Bleus, Chiens Gris. It's a collaboration between Olivier and Leyho, an artist who has just released a comic book (called Chiens Bleus, Chiens Gris) based on his great grand-uncle's experiences in the First World War. Olivier Cornet also has a great grand-uncle who was a war photographer. Do talk to Olivier when you go in to the gallery and ask him questions about the exhibition. He'll be happy to discuss all aspects of it - and if you're lucky he'll show you his great grand-uncle's photo album!

PS: and since I've written this, I've found out that the Robert Fisk came to see this exhibition and has written an amazing article about it in the Independent!






No comments:

Post a Comment