Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tree in the evening



This is actually two trees. At a certain angle, it looks like one tree. And I will definitely paint them some day soon. I will need to find the patience to paint all those tiny branches, though. Right now, I need something simple, to loosen up my watercolour techniques, after these roses I've been busy with lately. 

Don't you love the light at this time of the year? I should get out more at sunrise and sunset, armed with my camera, and build up a library of skies and trees to paint. But sleep and life seem to get in the way.

And have you noticed how the buds are about to pop on some trees already? Spring is definitely the best time of year in Ireland. So much hope ahead. Hope for the cherry blossoms, the daffodils, the tulips, hope for a good year, for a warm summer, for even just two weeks of sunshine and teeshirt weather. Hope for a dry autumn and a crisp winter. Until we start all over again! Well done everyone (I still have The Dance of the Cherry Trees in my head, sorry.)


No comments:

Post a Comment