Thursday, February 04, 2016

Selfie from a Selfie

 
Does that even look like me? Or my incarnation as a jazz singer? This was the third assignment for Sketchbook Skool. This time, the self-portrait was to be taken from a selfie.

  • Good thing about it: with a selfie, you're more likely to smile than when drawing yourself in the mirror, which is serious business.
  • Second good thing about it: when I smile, the deep wrinkles above my lips disappear. I will be smiling a lot in my old age!
  • Third good thing about it: I took the photo without my glasses, as I was wearing lovely eye shadow and I wanted to take a photo of it. So, one less thing to draw. Glasses are not easy.
  • Fourth good thing about it: I used water-soluble ink, so I could add extra shading after drawing.
  • Fifth good thing about it: I think I got the size of my eyes right this time, not too big, not too small.


I bet that by now, after reading about all these positives, you've forgotten about the fact that this self-portrait doesn't really look like me! Magic!

2 comments:

  1. YES I CAN LIVE WITH THIS VERSION OF YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just have to smile a lot, Cathy!

      Delete