Sunday, April 21, 2013

Trees with water

That's it. I'm done with this one. This is the best I'm going to be able to do. I know, I know. It doesn't quite work, but at this stage, I want to move on. I am happy with my trees and my water. The ground elements, not so much. But I tried lots of different combinations in Adobe Photoshop, and I couldn't find anything that worked perfectly for me. Maybe that's what happens when I go over the same painting too many times. I have five versions, and believe me, this is the best of the lot. Though the very first one has something about it that I like better.

Some day, I might get back to it and try it with a more monochromatic and flowing approach? I can't decide whether I want something more abstract or more textured? I guess that's my problem - I really don't know what I want to achieve visually. Do I want to paint realistic trees? Or the essence of trees?

Well, believe it or not, my next one is another set of trees - this time a lot closer to home. If practice doesn't make perfect, there really is no hope for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment