Sunday, April 28, 2013

Green Smoothie

A while back, a friend of ours had mentioned the Green Smoothie Girl diet. Well, you know me, I'm not big into diets. But I like to eat healthy. So I was curious. I'm not going to go out and buy all the books and accessories - there is plenty of that on her website if you want, meal plans, 12 steps, ready-to-mix powders, ... But we made one this morning and were pleasantly surprised with the taste. Our experiment included: water, spinach leaf, one banana, one apple (Skin included), a teaspoon of honey, and a dash of safflower oil. I can see plenty of options with celery, carrots, ginger, kale (if I can get it in shops at this time of the year), beetroots - ok, I'm moving away from the green theme here, but any colour is good, isn't it? Everything was thrown in our blender. It took 5 minutes. Tasted lovely - you don't really taste the spinach, to be honest. Packed with fiber and vitamins. And isn't the colour fabulous?

No comments:

Post a Comment