Monday, April 15, 2013

Trees - with water

Call me stubborn if you wish, or obsessive! Me, I'll just say I'm persistent.

This is my 5th go - this scene from a park in Tokyo will be imprinted on my brain forever!.

I think at this point, I've got the 2 main elements right, the trees (which have now taken an autumnal hue) and the water - but my big problem is how to wrap it all up successfully - if I go for more cobalt blue on the little hillock in the centre, it will be too samey. If I choose a different colour, will it not break the unity? What I need to do now is follow Shirley Trevena's advice (now, she's a lady who's not afraid of colours): if not sure about a hue, gather magazine cuttings in a variety of colours and place them over the area in question until I find one that works. Then match it with paint. Sounds easy enough! I'll be sure to let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment