Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Lovely Bones

We watched The Lovely Bones a few weeks ago. It didn't get great reviews. I thought it was not bad at all. It was always going to be hard for the movie to match the book - Actually, I think the author has found it hard to write another book to match this one.

But I found the movie quite atmospheric - There is the lovely lightness of being a young teenager on the cusp of love, and the evil darkness that seems to emanate from the serial killer.

Yes, the "place before Heaven" scenes are a bit over the top, but Saoirse Ronan is such a lovely young actress that she made it work, for me anyway.

I probably would have been disappointed if I had bought cinema tickets to see this film, but it was good for a Saturday evening on the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment