Wednesday, April 10, 2013

O and Letter to myself

I'm churning them out! Quantity over quality, maybe, but it feels good at the time. I am trying to remind myself of an inspiring line I found in an art journal on Pinterest "Make art because it makes you happy".

In this case, I just glued the photo to the page, after applying a background of Neocolor II, with a vertical stripe of acrylic paint, applied with a roller.

On the left-hand side, I applied a few treasured stamps, and I placed a little note to myself in an envelope I made out of Ikea wrapping paper, closed with a Japanese sticker (a cup of macha tea)

On the right, I added some more Neocolor II, without water, to create a more crayony effect, then I affixed a Belgian stamp dedicated to Franco Dragone and the Cirque du Soleil!

Simple, and very personal.


No comments:

Post a Comment