Saturday, September 30, 2023

Playing with variations of ochres and browns (inspired by Laura McKendry on Domestika)

My energies are still very dispersed, but bit by bit, I'm exploring things that make me happy. I am revisiting Laura McKendry's Domestika course on drawing nature. Of all the teachers on the Domestika platform, I think she is the best. She gives so much. Each module has 4 or 5 videos, where she shares so many tips and so much inspiration. My head is buzzing with lots of ideas now!

What I'm sharing here doesn't look like much, I know, but it's a sign that I am letting go of having to do anything important, that I can just enjoy mark-making for the sake of it! And make discoveries on the way. Like Ecoline markers are great fun when you add lots of water. And even acrylic markers respond well to water if you go quick before they have time to dry! And they look nice together.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment