Monday, September 04, 2023

Castletown House

We left the city for our outing last Sunday. We went to Castletown House, near Celbridge. Beautiful place. Impressive house. But all I wanted to sketch was the river, the Liffey, where it's still a narrow river, but after all the rain we've had this summer, it was more like an angry torrent. You could hear it from quite a distance. I found a safe spot near it and got absorbed in the gestures and patterns.


I did a second one, using some Neocolor, and framing the river with the trees. Not so sure about it.


Then I went to one of the courtyards and did a quick sketch of some of the outbuildings. I really didn't want to draw people that day. And now I'm sorry I didn't. But it was a case of overwhelm and too many voices and too much noise.




No comments:

Post a Comment