Saturday, September 16, 2023

Bullock Harbour

Hi, I haven't posted in a few days, because I broke my foot last Sunday, 10th of September. Spent the last few days minding myself and feeling sorry for myself too. I'm not good with being stuck at home with my foot up! I have to wear the dreaded black boot for 6 weeks, and plans I had have had to be put on hold! I have done some drawing and painting despite all this, but my energies are quite dispersed. I will find a rhythm, but it might take a while.

In the meantime, here are my sketches from our previous sketch outing, on the 3 September, at Bullock Harbour, and the weather was glorious. As is often the case with me, I suffered from sensory overload. I could not sketch the overall scene, as my mind was constantly distracted by all the little elements that I noticed. There were people and boats, and the beautiful sea, and ropes, and conversations, and shadows, and too much brightness. So here you go. This is the way my mind works!






For this one, I added some colour with a marker when I got home.








No comments:

Post a Comment