Sunday, September 24, 2023

1 Million Dance Studio

I love sketching people. I think it is what I miss most from not being able to go out and sketch. Let's see if I can use this as an opportunity to learn, re-learn, practise, and build on what I know already. I remember Suhita Shirodkar mentioned 1 Million Dance Studio on YouTube as a good place to practise sketching people in movement. Well, the moves are fast. I am seeing some repetition, but right now, my brain is not able to cope!!

It started with this little sketch from a paused video.


Then it went downhill.



Then I decided to work from running video.  I reverted to stick figures. But it was thrilling! And I used some of the backgrounds I had prepared a few days ago!


For these, the paper didn't glide well (it's hot press watercolour paper, with a wash I did the other day), so they don't flow so well.



So I dropped my pens and used a big chunky marker and a Sennelier brush pen. I will explore more of this over the coming weeks. Maybe a mix of paused and running video?





No comments:

Post a Comment