Friday, December 30, 2022

No painting or drawing for a week

Thank you Laura Trueman for taking this happy photo of me!

Sometimes it hurts to be different. In case you don't know, I'm on the autistic spectrum. And please don't patronise me by saying that you don't think I am. Because I'm a social being doesn't mean I can't be on the spectrum. And you have no idea of the torment that goes inside my head most of the time (except when I'm drawing or painting!).

Here is a little something I have written in response to how some people treat me:

Maybe others simply don't like me? But I'm so nice!
Maybe I've done or said something I shouldn't? Mmm. I'm replaying words and events in my mind non stop, but I really don't think I did or said something bad or offensive.
Maybe I don't understand their intent and misinterpret their words? Or maybe they're gaslighting me!
Maybe I'm hypersensitive? But then you'd think they would be kinder to me, wouldn't you?
Maybe they're more clever than me? Aah that might be why they use that teacher tone when they talk to me like I'm a naughty 8-year-old in class?
Or maybe it's simply that I'm kind and bright and they feel threatened by that? Well, that's their problem, not mine.
And to all the others who love me just the way I am, thank you. I love you too. And you know that I'm like a dog, not just for Christmas. A friendship with me is for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment