Saturday, December 17, 2022

It's Legit

It's like there's two of me - the painter and the sketcher. Do they look alike? I don't think so. Yet, I give the same intensity to both practises. And one probably feeds into the other. Sketching makes me a better painter. Painting makes me a better sketcher. Maybe.

This area of old Dublin is changing too. Definitely less intimidating for a middle-class person like me. But bit by bit, Dublin is losing its soul. Still, Legit is a great little café on Meath Street, and any place that serves a good matcha latte gets my vote. Barry's tea and weak coffee might be the real Dublin, but where would that leave me? I love the diversity and the multi-cultural Ireland that, at long last, doesn't think that a Belgian person is exotic, an Ireland that can finally pronounce my name!!

First sketch in direct watercolour.


Second sketch done with Sailor Fude. Watercolour added later.


Louise took a picture of me!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment