Friday, December 23, 2022

Blood Red Skies on the Wild Atlantic Way

Experimenting with some pigments I have only recently discovered, Transparent Pyrrol Orange and Quinacridone Scarlet Orange. And loving them. And then I read somewhere that they are not produced anymore!! It's like discovering that the perfect pair of shoes no longer comes in my size!!!

So what to do? Order some more of course! And paint lots. Maybe by the time I run out, I will have fallen in love with some new pigment!

I'm in a semi-abstract mode at the moment, playing with dark transparent mixes (lots of Phthalo turquoise!) and flashes of white gouache. I'm working from photos I have taken, and modified in Procreate to a point where they no longer look like a landscape. But they still evoke, for me at least, the emotion I felt when I was immersed in that moment, at that place.

Wild Atlantic Way - Blood Red Sky 1


Wild Atlantic Way - Blood Red Sky 2


Wild Atlantic Way - Blood Red Sky 3


No comments:

Post a Comment