Thursday, December 22, 2022

Dublin Castle - State Apartments

I feel I'm getting back into the rhythm of sketching and painting these days. It's a matter of scheduling and making time for it. Less watching tv, less Instagram, more painting. Simple as that! It certainly feels good.

The sketches below are from Dublin Castle, where I had arranged access for the group to the State Apartments. Particularly at Christmas, it's always a treat to sketch there. I enjoyed the Victorian Christmas tree and dolls. We were working in dry media only, to avoid spills and stains, so I sketched the Christmas tree with a fountain pen, and added watercolour later. I like the reflection of the chandelier in the mirror. I'm not sure I represented it very clearly in my sketch, though!



I also sketched in coloured pencil. It's a little bit unfinished, but I like the effect.


And as usual, I forgot to photograph my sketches on location, but here are a few photos I took.





No comments:

Post a Comment