Thursday, December 22, 2022

Grafton Street

I know it's weeks since Christmas, maybe more if you're reading this on Instagram. But my atypical mind can't bear to change the order of my sketches. Yes, it's actually something I think about. I agonise about it actually. Some people might say it's too much, that's I'm not spontaneous enough. But it's the way I am. Can't help it. I need order. Oh Ok, I'm going to schedule it for just before Christmas. You have no idea how hard this is for me!

So these were sketched a few weeks before Christmas, on a Sunday with Dublin Sketchers. It was cold, but I was well wrapped up. So I sketched on the street, focusing on the flower sellers on Grafton Street, who do a roaring trade at this time of the year. And then I found somewhere warm to add extra layers of red. And then I went to the pub, where a decidedly Viking-looking Santa was watching over the crowds.





No comments:

Post a Comment