Friday, December 09, 2022

Bigger Wave

Well, the wave is the same size, but I'm moving from A5 to A4, to see how I can manage the change in scale, particularly for the softening part. Am I methodical enough that I remember to soften edges before I move to another part of the painting? If this is successful, I will move to a quarter sheet, and maybe, who knows, a half sheet. I haven't painted in ages, but today, I really wanted to paint, and I got completely absorbed in the process.

I need to tidy up the top of the rolling wave, and also I want to think about the temperature of the pebbles. Maybe something warmer? But otherwise I'm pleased with how this has turned out. I will post an edited version if I go back and fix these things. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

This is from a photo I took in Killiney beach. I have so many of them. It must have been after a storm, as there was a lot of greeney churn in the water. 


Here is the fixed version. Is it any better? Yes, I think so, but there is still progress to be made.




No comments:

Post a Comment