Friday, February 19, 2021

Window Swap

I had heard of Window Swap, but it's only just recently that I actually got to explore it! And I had a lovely time sketching these 3 views, from Germany, England and the South of France. I'm playing with sketchbook design, experimenting with my page layouts (from Liz Steel's online course). I think this page is not perfectly balanced, but I do like the continuity with the colour for the first two sketches, and I like the flow from one image to the next. 

What I love the most about Window Swap is that I'm not sketching from a still photo, it's actually a video, with sound and changing light, and all. The first one on the left has the background sound of a busy road, but the summer wind in the trees immediately transported me to continental Europe. The one in the middle was filmed during a thunderstorm, with the rain pouring and the light changing as the storm passed. The third one was a terrace in the South of France, looking out over wooded hills and the constant chirp of the cicadas. It was like travelling to three countries in the space of three sketches. Better than meditation!



No comments:

Post a Comment