Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Another self portrait

I didn't mention the self-portrait in my previous post. Well I wanted to talk about it a little more.

So, my husband is a reluctant model, and if I want to draw or sketch a person, and we can't go into people's homes, shops or cafés, well, I am always available as a model!

And it was a good way to calm my nerves before the first day of the watercolour masterclass with Uma Kelkar! I wanted to do something artistic, but I didn't want to start painting, and then get all tense and be in the wrong frame of mind. I wanted to be a blank page, ready to absorb and experiment!

And the theme from Dublin Sketchers was reflections.

And PS: the little corner of painting behind me is an original Uma Kelkar, bought at the silent auction in Porto in 2018! And if you're interested in buying beautiful art, do check her website - some amazing watercolours and a few prints too.




No comments:

Post a Comment