Monday, February 15, 2021

Sake and sketchbook design

This was a really fun page spread to sketch! I'm doing Liz Steel's Sketchbook Design online course. I'm a few weeks behind. So when everybody else is starting week 4, I'm still on week 2. But there's no rush!
This week is about contained composition. Not something I would have thought of myself, but it's quite zen, particularly when you've worked out your composition in your little recipe book (see below) and the only decisions you have to make are what blue will I be using here? And tell me, why did I never think of aligning my elements on the page before?
I was trying to remember where we bought that sake bottle and cups - was it in the outer market in Tsukiji, in the ryokan in Hida Furukawa, or through the Japan Centre in London, which, with Brexit, is no longer affordable. Why can't we have a quality Japanese store in Dublin? At least until we can travel again!!


The idea of the recipe book is to keep track of the various page designs I use and think about different options rather than doing the same thing over and over.



No comments:

Post a Comment