Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Clogher Head, promise of a glorious day


I had a ball at the Uma Kelkar Compose Masterclass. Yes, I was nervous beforehand, but we did warm-up exercises and I quickly became fully immersed in the moment. This is the painting from Day 1. It's not 100% finished yet, but I'm at the stage where I'm afraid to do anything more to it, so I need to let that pass. I painted this on a half sheet, but since it's a long format, it wasn't that big a painting after all.  I feel I'm not done with this scene yet. This version is lovely and peaceful, but I want to try a version that's more about the light. I'm in catchup mode at the moment, so it might be a while before I have the time and headspace to tackle this, but that's ok. It gives me time to absorb what I have learned.

Original photo - see what I mean.



No comments:

Post a Comment