Thursday, February 11, 2021

Cars on a damp morning

Here is my second painting from Uma Kelkar's masterclass, done on quarter sheet, as my energy was waning after having to go back to the drawing board in terms of composition. Am I happy with it? The questions should be 'Did I convey the emotion I intended? And the answer to that question is definitely yes. It was about a cold damp morning in a world where there is no human connection anymore. So, yes, successful from that point of view. Would I want it on my wall? Probably not - it's a bit stiff, not flowy enough for my liking. That's something I need to work on - how to paint a cityscape that makes sense in terms of perspective and shapes, but is all flowing watercolour at the same time!



This below was the version I painted first during class - as you can see there was perspective and size issues to be resolved!



No comments:

Post a Comment