Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Dublin Treasures

Wonderful theme with Dublin Sketchers -  Changing Dublin

The idea was to start a conversation about our city, and contribute to the city council development plan. While I am cynical about how much influence we citizens have on what the city planners and developers do, there is one place in the city that I care deeply about. It's visible from a lot of angles. Yet you don't see it when you're in the city centre. The Poolbeg Power Station and its two chimneys. It's at the end of an industrial area, not far from the water treatment plant. The area has a constant bad smell. Yet, I feel so alive when I'm standing on Shellybanks, the beach that extends to the South Wall, at low tide anyway. And I can't dream of landing in Dublin and not spotting the two chimneys. I always pick a seat on the left, with a window seat, when I book my return flights! Won't be going anywhere for a while, but it's nice to think about it!

As this is beyond my 5km, I took the virtual sketch route. But I'm glad I did. It brought back lots of happy memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment