Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A visit to Kachigawa

I've now got to the final lesson in Liz Steel's course, Sketchbook Design, and the idea is to think of design not just for a page, or a spread, but for several pages. Lately, my energy has been quite dispersed, so this was the perfect excuse to focus on one thing alone. I decided to take a virtual trip to Kachigawa, an area in Kasugai, a suburb in the Aichi province. It doesn't have big museums or temples. But it's home to one of my best friends, Shinobu. We've been friends for about 40 years. I was at her house once. I can't find it on Google Maps, but I'll keep exploring her neighbourhood virtually, and feel like I'm strolling and chatting with her.!

And since it's a virtual visit, I can connect houses that stand on different streets. Just place a tree in the middle and voilĂ ! And I can go from modern house to the more traditional type. Or meet at the park near the station. And even have a bite to eat at a nearby restaurant.

This was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the day when we can do this in reality again!




No comments:

Post a Comment