Saturday, February 27, 2021

Dunmore Head - thumbnails

OK, I feel ready to tackle my next project. But I can only do so without putting pressure on myself. So I'm starting with thumbnails, more or less postcard size, 4 per quarter sheet. I did 8 back to back. And you know what. My favourites are the first and the last ones!  You can't see this here, but I've labelled them D2 to D9, and I've taken notes of what I like the best about each one.

The view is of Dunmore Head from the road that goes down to Coumeenoole Beach. The islands in the distance are the Blasket Islands. As you can see, I've been exploring various ways to create a sense of distance, some more successful than others. 

This brings back wonderful memories of our one-week staycation on the Dingle Peninsula, my favourite part of the world. The ever-changing light and sound of the ocean against the rocks. What I would give to be back there right now!

The main colours I've used are Monte Amiata Natural Sienna, Cerulean Blue, Neutral Tint and Quinacridone Rose. For some I've used Moonglow, and for D9, I used Cobalt Blue instead of Cerulean. It worked really well. I also played with the option of using Permanent Alizarin Crimson. Too many choices.

Tell me which one you like best! D2 is at top left, with D3 beside it. D4 is one row below, and D5. D6 is at the top of the second page, with D7, and the last row is D8 and D9. (It feels like I'm giving you Dublin Postal codes!)



Here are my notes if you're interested. But really, I put them up here so I can find them again!



No comments:

Post a Comment