Saturday, October 26, 2019

Trinity College


Maybe I should stick to pen and marker in the winter? This was quite soothing, despite my mind going all over the place before I sat down. Plus no waiting for paint to dry, and less to carry! But I love colour so much, and I don't have time to paint at all at the moment, so I don't know if I could face a winter of grey. The ink is nice though, a mix of grey and brown, and maybe a touch of orange. I'm not too precise in my ink-mixing recipes!
So I was lucky to find a bench in a quiet corner in Trinity, on Fellows' Square. I could have sketched the building that houses the Book of Kells and the Long Room. But that strange little secret building interested me more. I've never been inside. I don't even know if it's open to students. It's a bit of a mystery to me. But it's got interesting angles! And a mix of light side and shadow sides!
It didn't take me long to complete, but I felt calm afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment