Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Finding a focus


I was struggling to keep up with this online course, Sketching Now - Watercolour on Location, by Liz Steel. But since k-day, it's pretty much on hold. Anyway, life will eventually return to normal. But for now, let me share what I have so far.
So this was the on-location exercise for lesson 1, finding a focus. As you can see, I had very ambitious plans at the start - trying to fit everything in. In the end, I had to zoom right in. My initial idea was to include the fountains and a corner of the DLR Lexicon library, but that was too much. And I didn't really get to tell the full story I had in mind, of this church which is now a maritime museum, in Dun Laoghaire. What I should have done is also draw one of the big anchors that was in the yard, not far from the door.  That would have provided the context I needed. Next time, Next time! And also, a note that I'm still struggling to keep my drawing loose and free when I'm doing an architectural subject. It's all part of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment