Saturday, October 19, 2019

Building sites on Richmond Street, and Rathmines church

Dublin is changing so much. I mentioned a while back The Bernard Shaw pub which had to close its doors to make way to offices and hotels. Well, here is the building site in its current state. Lots and lots of cranes, which I love, despite the fact that I hate to see the old Dublin disappear. I must skip ahead in #SketchingNowOnLocation to learn how to draw cars!!


And here is a view I've been wanting to sketch for a long time - the dome of Rathmines church as seen from the canal near Portobello. Not my best sketch. I was rushing home. But it felt good to be sketching again! I think there was less grey ink left in that pen, so adding the brown produced quite a vibrant colour, closer to the Sailor Ina-ho colour that I love so much (but which is not waterproof!)


No comments:

Post a Comment