Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Skies


I know I shouldn't be rushing through this. I should be doing my research, and carefully draw and paint. But I was literally grabbing 5 minutes while the kitten was asleep. I knew that if he woke up and saw me at the window, he would jump on the window sill. And dirty water, wet paint and lovely round brushes would become the next victims of his hunting practise!
So what happened? Blooms and crazy paint going everywhere! But the main thing I wanted to try was using Monte Amiata Natural Sienna for the glow on the horizon. And yes it's true, it doesn't go green when blending with the blue of the sky. I'm very happy with the bit right in the middle of the picture. Never mind everything else!!

See, that's the bit I mean, with the glow on the horizon and the lovely purples in the sky. Never mind that it's actually due North and there's never a glow on the horizon in that direction!!

No comments:

Post a Comment