Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Mount Jerome

August is no longer summer when you're in Ireland. Expect frequent showers, wind, and cooler temperatures. I was dressed appropriately on Sunday, but when the showers became prolonged and vicious, even my little umbrella wasn't enough to protect my sketchbook. Have you ever tried gathering your paints, closing your water bottle, packing a backpack, folding your camping stool and getting up while holding your umbrella over your A4 landscape sketchbook? It wasn't pretty is all I'll say! But you know what, the drops of rain on the pages didn't ruin my efforts. It's just that I would have like to fit in another sketch in the time I had, but I had to abandon that idea and take shelter in the pub instead. Ah well.

I have no excuses for this one. The lady on the left was happy enough with how I sketched her. The one on the right, not so much! I can't blame her!

Can you see the effect of the drops of rain on the watercolour?

No comments:

Post a Comment