Monday, August 19, 2019

Airfield

Another outing with Dublin Sketchers - just round the corner from us, so very handy for me!

Fortified by a delicious courgette and goat's cheese muffin, I set to work quickly and captured the sun and shadows over a colourful arrangement of pots. Knowing Airfield well was a big bonus for me, as I knew exactly what I wanted to sketch, without having to explore the full 30+ acres! This scene was near the entrance.


The grapevines have grown a lot since I last saw them - I didn't think to check if the grapes were doing well. I was more interested in the overall view, which reminded me of the STTNG finale, "All Good Things ...". This sketch would probably have benefited from a few pen lines to tie it together better, at least for the first row of vines. I could still do that I guess.


And then I went over to say hello to the donkeys - and sketch the lovely tree in their enclosure. To all small children's delight, the two donkeys peed and pooed, and it appears that they have a specific spot for these activities - you learn something new every day! I added watercolour to this one when I got home, using the three QOR colours that were in my goody bag from Amsterdam: Nickel Azo Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, and Quinacridone Magenta.


No comments:

Post a Comment