Friday, August 09, 2019

Amsterdam - Part 3

24th July - the day Brendan went back home, got stuck on the plane on the tarmac for 2 hours because the airport refueling system had broken down (in the heat I guess) and the Ryanair cabin crew would not give water for 45 minutes - and when they did he had to pay for it.

The heat was starting to build up in the city and I was glad to be wearing my lovely summer clothes that I never get to wear in Ireland!!

The morning started with a demo by Anne-Laure Jacquart, aka Following the White Rabbit. I was so inspired by her work. She was able to talk us through her thought process from start to finish while painting as fast as she could, as it was getting hot and the paint was drying fast. If you don't know her, she's well worth following on YouTube!

I tried to paint this in her style. Mmm. I need to pay attention more!!

Deb and I then headed to Nieuwmarkt, where Deb had spotted a nice little café where we settled for a cool drink, a spot of lunch and plenty of sketching. Pat joined us there for a while and it was a very pleasant afternoon. The lunch wasn't great, but I was very happy with my sketch!



By 2 pm, we were ready to head back to Zuiderkerk, where registration was due to start at 3pm and the art market to open at 3:30. It was hot. Registration was efficient, the art market crazy busy. And when I got into the relative cool of the place, I decided to stay there and wait for the opening ceremony. We sketched some more. Had a free glass of wine before the speeches started. And when it was all done, we went for a bite to eat and an early night before the first day of workshops.






No comments:

Post a Comment