Thursday, September 07, 2017

Self Portrait with hair colour

There's nothing more boring than waiting for hair colour to take. 25 to 40 minutes with nothing to do.

That's why I should always have my sketchbook with me. Not that it's my best look, but it is an excellent way to pass the time, and a good exercise in observation too. Better than reading Hello Magazine. I believe Kate is pregnant again, by the way!

I wonder do other women feel the same as I do about going to the hairdressers? Or do they actually enjoy it? All that time spent looking at one's face, under unflattering light.

At least I'm lucky - I actually enjoy chatting to my hairdresser - he's into art, and photography, and cinema. And he always asks me how my dog is doing!

And he cuts my hair beautifully. I've followed him from Goatstown to Terenure to Stillorgan to Monkstown. I like Monkstown - if I'm early for my appointment, I can sketch there - two beautiful churches, and lots of interesting houses.

But one day, he will leave this country, and the search for the perfect hairdresser will start again.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I hate the hairdressers too, though, like you, I like my stylist. We chat about dogs, DIY, booze and scandal. He has created a bar in his house! It's amazing. Must get a pic to show you.

    ReplyDelete