Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Lough Eske

Lough Eske is a beautiful lake in Donegal.

My sketch doesn't do it justice.


Neither do photos.

As we were going to a wedding, I knew I wouldn't get much chance to sketch. (It was a great wedding, by the way - I got to wear a nice dress and I danced like I was 20 again, except my hips are still sore a week later!). But I brought my gear anyway, as we were away for a few days, and I thought I would have time on the Sunday. We were on the move a lot, the light wasn't right, I wasn't in the humour. I don't know! Well, it wasn't meant to be. I find it hard to focus on my painting/sketching if I'm in the company of a non-sketcher. Maybe it's just me. I wasn't put under pressure to work quickly, but I just couldn't get into the frame of mind needed to paint. I'll keep trying though.

No comments:

Post a Comment