Thursday, September 14, 2017

Buildings Intro Lesson 1

Buildings are a relatively new interest of mine. You've heard me wax lyrical about skies, seas, clouds, trees, but buildings, not so much. Despite nearly two years of urban sketching. Well, I guess I wasn't ready to really get into it. But now, with a plenty of practise in my Moleskine sketchbook, I feel confident enough to tackle this subject. And more importantly, ready to learn from scratch!
If in doubt, find an online course! So, I have started SketchingNowBuildings.

Here is my work from the Intro Lesson 1, all about checking angles and relationships. As you can see, even after checking the main angles, I still didn't get it quite right. But it does look like a house that is structurally sound at least, unlike the first attempt!
I think I will paint this house some day - it's beside the road in the Glenbeg valley on the Beara Peninsula, a lonely place on a wet morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment