Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Venice

All done. I know it's quite abstract-looking. But having recovered a few highlights and strengthened the colours of the wooden pillars, the darks in particular, there is nothing more I need to do. And let's face it, I was never going to paint a traditional view of Venice. Much as I love the photos I took and the realistic sketches I drew, I just don't want a tourist view on my walls. I know many people would like the idea of a beautiful canal, a few gondolas, a church or two. But really, it's the kind of painting one would buy while in Venice. I know. I did buy one such painting. Which I love. It's quite abstract too. But I can only paint what I feel. And what I feel is that I want to stretch my wings, play with composition, tone, colour. So, yes, water, skies, trees. And more abstract.


No comments:

Post a Comment