Monday, March 06, 2017

#OneWeek100People2017 - Day 1

This is great fun - but not easy!
I am keeping my sketches to 1 or 2 minutes - any longer than that and I'd get nothing else done during the day. I did do a couple of longer ones after 5pm, as a reward to myself I think!

4pm, 13 people sketched!
5:30pm, 16 people
7:35pm, 20 people

I am keeping my tools to a minimum, 3 Lamy Safari pens (two with water-soluble ink, one with waterproof ink) and a waterbrush. I have a few sketchbooks that have cheap paper, so I can feel free to go mad without the fear of ruining good paper.

In terms of subjects, well, I don't normally see that many people in a day, so I've gone to a coffee shop first thing this morning and drawn a few people there, which is quite intimidating - what if they come over and they're not happy with how I represented them? The next thing I've done is go to a website called www.line-of-action.com, which a fellow sketcher recommended yesterday. And then, there is my good husband, who agreed to be sketched from all angles. And I did a selfie too. And then for the last one, I went to Sktchy, an app, and picked a random person.

And in case you're wondering what's going on, I'm taking part in a worldwide art challenge, called #OneWeek100People2017. I particularly like the sketches done by Marc Taro Holmes, but then again, he's a professional and one of the initiators of this art challenge!!

So, here we go - the first 20 (apologies to Number 13):





















No comments:

Post a Comment