Friday, March 17, 2017

Rain on the horizon - 2nd and 3rd attempts - work in progress

I'm tempted to rename these "End of the World". They're just not working out.  One is definitely not salvageable, in my opinion - I accidentally scratched the paper with the tool I was using to push the paint back (an old credit-card type card), and what does pigment do when there is a groove in the paper? It rushes in. That's what it does. I really don't think I'll be able to fix it, but that won't stop me trying. I really think that successful watercolour skies can only be achieved in one layer.

In the second one, the bottom of the sky is not so bad, but the shape of the highlight in the top right is not so good.

And I'm really not sure about the lighthouse. Either it looks like a Disney castle or a phallic symbol. I'm not sure which is worse?


No comments:

Post a Comment