Sunday, March 05, 2017

Rusalka

I had seen Rusalka in Wexford years ago and I had a good, although vague, memory of it. I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy the Met HD's Rusalka - all four hours of it, including two half-hour intervals. I was glad I had a little rest in the afternoon, though. It enabled me to avoid the nodding-head syndrome! And then the music and the overall production kept me going. Even the ballet sections, that usually don't do much for me!
Fantastic set, costumes, and performances by Kristine Opolais, Brandon Jovanovich, Jamie Barton and Eric Owens!
And of course Dvořák's music, beautifully conducted by Mark Elder.




Jamie Barton sings Ježibaba’s “Čury mury fuk” - She seemed to relish her role as the witch! And I loved her blue-eyed contact lenses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment