Monday, March 13, 2017

RHA and St Stephen's Green - and Day 7 of #OneWeek100People2017

Struggling to complete the #OneWeek100People2017 challenge, but I'm a completist (is it just another word for stubborn?) I can't say these sketches are better than the first few. I feel my energy is getting low, so maybe I should have stopped after the 5 days?

But I did manage to combine the challenge with my regular Dublin Sketchers Sunday outing, by introducing people into some of my pieces. So, that's a bonus.

The weather was pretty good at the start of the afternoon, so I headed into town a little earlier and sat on a bench at the duck seagull feeding station pond. Lots of tourists and families, and a lot of seagulls, including a really big guy that decided he would have a better chance if he came on terra firma. Not sure how it worked out on the day, but he looked like a healthy specimen, so I guess his strategy is working out. And yes, the willow trees are starting to go green!


Big clouds on the horizon. It was time to get indoors.


A reprise on a sketch I did in September! I was lucky to get the last spot at the window sill overlooking what used to be Hume Street Hospital. Lots of scaffolding created a sketching challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing how the building work progresses over time.


Another one from St Stephen's Green, actually the first of the day. I don't know how it ended at the bottom of the page!


No comments:

Post a Comment