Monday, March 21, 2016

Lough Bray Lower - sketches


So, our little trip up the Dublin mountains last Friday was really a happy sunny interlude in what was a pretty grey week. While himself was flying a drone (footage available soon!), I had plenty of time to sketch. In those situations, I like to do a few quick sketches, with the idea that I might develop those into a painting at some stage. It's also a great excuse for not being too good! I'm not very patient when it comes to drawing. Some day, I will learn to slow down. Or just accept that this is my style.

We didn't do the walk, but might do it next time.

But I think these two are not bad. Top one drawn with a Sakura Pigma Micron (03 I think) and the bottom one with my Pentel Brush Pen (lovely for quickly applying darks). And I'm also quite happy with the one  I used for my Fake Journal.

All in all, a productive long-weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment