Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yummy hummus

I made hummus from the recipe in Aine McAteer's book yesterday, and it was yummy. There is no garlic in it, but it's got umeboshi vinegar in it, and it's really tasty. I love to have 2 rice cakes as a snack in the late afternoon, to keep me going until dinner time. I normally put on a slice of cheese on these, but I tried my home-made hummus yesterday, and I thought it was delicious.

PS: nothing much to report in terms of watercolours these days. I've been trying a few techniques from a book by a painter called Roland Roycraft, but I just don't get what he is trying to explain. He's got some very nice paintings in the book, but, while I undertand the theory of his techniques, they just don't seem to work for me. I think I'm going to give up on his book for a while and go back to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment