Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Killiney beach - low tide

The good weather finally broke on Sunday. This has been the best summer I've ever seen in Ireland. I can't remember any other year when I could wear a sleeveless top and not be frozen. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that I'm not submitted to the cold blast of the air-conditioning in a big office...That used to be a pet-hate of mine in my previous job. I used to sit at my desk with a scarf over my head or a hoody. I was called a variety of names - "little red riding hood", "boxer", "Isadora Duncan". But the air-conditioning never improved...
... Anyway, now I can open or close windows as I please ...
So, on Sunday, it finally started to rain around 8 or 9 am. It was very heavy around 1, but it abated after 2, and we went for a walk on Killiney beach. The tide was well out and the sea was like glass. It was lovely. There were a few children splashing in the water, but it was very quiet. The tide was so low you could actually walk over to the little beach down from the Vico road. It's not very often that the tide is that low. Unfortunately, we didn't bring the camera, so I can't give you any picture of the day.
We were very lucky, as the rain started again later on that afternoon. Since then, it's been fresher, but we still got plenty of sunshine yesterday afternoon and this morning. Unbelievable weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment